Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Grandma Made Me Eat It.

She really did.  My Grandma made me eat the yummy apple pie that she had made.  We went over to visit yesterday, and she asked in her nice Grandma-ey voice "Do you want some pie?"  How can you say "No" to your Grandma?  The short answer is that you can't.  I didn't.  I weighted 245.6 yesterday morning and this morning I weigh 247.4.  Is it because of a piece of pie?  I'm not sure, but I can tell you that after I ate it, I felt pretty sick.  I developed a headache, and my joints of my hands started to ache.  I was also really tired.  But I can't really blame my Grandma for that.  It's the wheat, and the sugar.



 A Picture of my Wonderful Grandma with my littlest Bub.


But other than a piece of pie yesterday, I've been doing really good.  We went grocery shopping and got some 'essentials' for the new eating style that I've started.  I got some milled flax seed that I've used to make some SUPER good flax tortillas.  The boys even ate them!  I also got some nuts. (Not like there aren't enough of those in my house.  Lol!)  Pecans, almonds, and walnuts.  I used the pecans to make some pecan crusted chicken tenders.  The boys asked for seconds.  Seriously.  I think this diet is going good.  Hooray!

Oh, and if you know my Grandma, don't tell her I put her in my Blog.  She'll disown me . . .


3 comments:

  1. I can back you up on this one because I was there!
    It's hard to tell someone you love NO. I've been dealing with that for years because of my allergies and food intolerances. People even tell you it's all in your head, but it really isn't. Hang in there Daughter. Take it one day at a time. Celebrate your successes. Tou WILL get there!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sincerely hope this comment will be taken in the context it is meant. Alison's best interest, success and happiness is my only concern.
    With regard to "How can you say "No" to your Grandma?" The short answer is "No thank you Grandma, I don't eat pie any more."
    As a recovering alcoholic, of over 20 years, I know something about addiction. I can tell you that 1 drink is too many and 100 are not enough. One drink leads to another and so does one piece of pie. I don't take the 1st drink. The solution is abstinence and it has worked for me for over 20 years.
    While I am receptive to the "Wheat Belle" theory and I believe it may have a lot of merit, the bottom line is, it's "calories in and calories" out. Any sensible weight lose program , I.E. Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Nutri System, or OA, employs this concept. Control of calorie intake and a regular and consistent exercise program, IS the solution.
    I highly recommend " The Diet and Exercise assistant, which I used 4.5 years ago, to lose 35 pounds, and still use from time to time, for an occasional "Tune Up". It works, if you work it, it won't if you don't. Good luck! I look forward to following your progress. I know you will do great!
    " http://www.keyoe.com/product3.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allison I just read your blog and I hope you are still doing the Wheatbelly life style. I started about 3 weeks ago and I am amazed that I am not hungry or craving carbs of any kind. Now I am probably older than your grandmother but I wish I had discovered this when I was your age so that my children would have grown up eating this healthy way. Actually the wheat wasn't as bad 60 years ago as it is now but I baked most every day everything from all our bread to a different pie or cake for desert every night. Oh and the cookies when they came home from school. So you hang in there I'm rooting for you and for me too!

    ReplyDelete