Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Baggy, Saggy, Elephant.

Just when you think it can't get any worse.  It does.  Actually, in the long run it's going to be a good thing, but for now I'm pretty bummed.  I gave up wheat.  And that has been going GREAT!  It's pretty amazing how good I feel.  My stomach is not bloated anymore, and I fell a lot better.  I've had no cravings for wheat.  Which is pretty substantial to me, as I've tried lots of diets and always felt awful on them.  But today, I had to take all three of my sons to the doctor for the little Bub's 6 month checkup.  The big boys were pretty awful.  I tried to bribe them with a trip to the park and that didn't even help their behavior.  So, after I got everyone back into the car, I decided I earned a Starbucks coffee.

I LOVE Starbucks coffee.  Honestly.  I dream about it.  I fantasize about having a Starbucks in my house.  I drink toffee-nut mocha's there.  There really good.  So, I got one today.  Not a big one, just the small size. (which they call a Tall, but whatever.)  And I drank it on the way home.  Now, I'm having heart palpitations.  I've been having them on and off for a couple of weeks actually.  But I'm pretty sure the cause is caffeine.  It feels like my heart races for a split second and then I feel dizzy.  And dizzy is not a good thing when I have to carry a 6 month old around half the day.

So, long story short.  I'm giving up caffeine too.  And I am really going to miss it.  Sad face.

1 comment:

  1. Alison! I love reading about your journey! I've been on a similar journey since, well my whole life! But I've finally succeeded...75 pounds down and still working on a few more. It's hard but you will get there! Lean meats, fruits and veggies have become my best friend! :) Chobani yogurt!? Yes please! Good luck and anytime you need an accountability buddy, let me know, I'd be more than happy to help and support! :) I recently started my blog to keep myself accountable because I found myself trying to be "sneaky" with snacks and that's what's currently getting in my way! PS I miss seeing you, I've always admired you growing up!
    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete